Visit to Sydney in August

Visit to Sydney in August
Luke and Lisa Down Under

Friday, February 24, 2012

Ameribub Update (Less than 2 weeks to go!)

It’s truly hard to believe that we are in the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy.  It went much more quickly than we imagined and we are so excited that the big day is almost here.  Several people have told me that the last month would really slow down but that doesn’t seem to be the case for us.  I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with getting non baby related items crossed off of my “to do” list but I’m doing my best.  (5 new blog posts...check!)

I can honestly say that I have really enjoyed being pregnant.  I feel very fortunate that I had minimal morning sickness issues at the beginning and I’ve been able to be active and feeling good for the majority of these past nine months.  About two weeks ago I was miserable for the first time though.  The baby was pressing on my sciatic nerve which made it nearly impossible to walk.  I was in so much pain that moving positions from sitting to standing or even laying down were quite a feat.  (Basically, I got a good indication of some of the pain Luke was experiencing with his back…wouldn’t wish that on anyone!!!) Finally after two weeks, the baby moved enough to give me some relief.  I’m back to being mobile now!  Woo Hoo!  But now I have graduated on to the official pregnancy waddle and I’m not moving as fast as I’d like. At least the excruciating pain in that area is gone for now.
Luke still freezes at night and I can’t seem to get comfortable even with a fan directly blowing on me.  He’s being a good sport and doesn’t complain too much.  I think he’s ready to get rid of the numerous pillows that I have surrounding me though!
So now we are patiently waiting for this boy/girl to make his/her big entrance into the world very soon.  We put the final touches on the nursery over the weekend and all we need now is a baby to make it complete.  J  The stick on wall decals failed to work on our concrete walls so I went to a Plan B and used Mod Podge on canvas to get them to stick.  So far so good!    
We can’t wait to share our news with all of you and introduce the newest Lucas! 
                                                              
                                                                        35 weeks

                                                                         36 weeks

                                                                          37 weeks




                                                                         38 weeks
                                               Our pram with a bassinett for the beginning


The first attempt with the stick on wall decals that fell off very soon after.






                               I have our hospital bags packed and under the cot ready to go!


                                  The cute table decorations from my baby shower.  Love!  Do you know what each animal is?  Platypus, Kangaroo, Echida (uh KID nuh), Wombat


2012 is the Year of the Dragon.  We took this at the Chinese New Year events in Chinatown.  From what we've been told, it's a really great year to have a baby!

3 comments:

  1. So wish we could be there with you when the baby arrives! I put a special gift for the little one in the suitcase with mom and dad. Made me think of all our St. Patrick's day adventures!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I love the bookcase in Bub's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa, Keep us posted on when the little one arrives.

    ReplyDelete