Visit to Sydney in August

Visit to Sydney in August
Luke and Lisa Down Under

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Get Him!!!!

Have you ever woke up early on a Saturday morning and found a big, black, hairy blob with legs on your wall?????  Well, it’s not a pretty sight!  When I walked into our living room that morning I might have freaked out a little.  Luke was in the shower and said I screamed.  Ok, maybe…but you would too if you saw that thing.  I would not say that I am normally afraid of spiders but when they are too big to just step on or brush away and they might paralyze, kill, or hurt you badly with their bite, it’s a different story.  I’m sure you would agree! 
I decided to check my official Australian spider sheet so I could try to identify what kind it was first.  We determined that it was a Huntsman.  “Timid. Rarely Bites. Found under loose bark.  May Wander Indoors.” is what the sheet said about this one.  It also fell on the “low risk” list.  This made us feel a little better but we still weren’t sure how we were going to get rid of it.  Luke grabbed his golf umbrella and thought he would try to coax it down first.  After this idea, I knew I better catch this on video because who knew what was going to happen!
As you will see and hear from the video Luke misses him so it falls down to our counter.  I then shout, “Get HIMMMMM!!!!  He’s on the ccccccceiling!” Well, “ceiling” was all I could spit out but I meant counter.  J  Watch the short video a few times- we still do for a good laugh! 
Anyway, he landed on the counter and scrunched up his body to “play” dead.  We went ahead and took care of business and put him over the balcony back into nature!
Everyone tells us that this is something common but not something to worry about.  The Sydney Funnel Web are the ones to be a little more worried about finding inside…and we are not looking forward to that day. 
Glad we got this experience out of the way!!! 
Yuck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment