Visit to Sydney in August

Visit to Sydney in August
Luke and Lisa Down Under

Saturday, July 9, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

Being at home for a whole month and a half was fabulous!  I chose not to give you a detailed blog account of everything we did when we were back because this is our Australian Adventure documentation. I will post some pictures of some of the highlights of our time home though.  It was so nice to catch up and spend time with family and friends.  I still had several more people to see and things to do but it was impossible.  I was already exhausted by the end of the first week of events!  Thank you to my mom and dad for letting me move back in and for putting up with my crazy social calendar! 
Luke had to work a lot which made his two week visit feel much shorter, but we have awesome family and friends who made it possible for him to spend time with many of you.  We really appreciated the dinners, lunches, the places to stay, and the many, many events that we were able to attend.  Thank you for a very special time at HOME! 


My little helpers at the airport when I arrived back to KC

I got a very nice Welcome Home sign!  Luke got one, too when he arrived a month later.  :)

Buffett Concert- Preparty with the Freeman's

Power and Light before the concert

We really missed Luke!

My parent's 40th Anniversary Party

Jennifer, me, Lori, and Melanie

Grandma Rush :)

Gavin and Jennifer

Brayden on his 6th birthday (Mom, Aunt Mildred, and Brayden all share the same birthday but he got his own celebration!)

The boys love their Uncle Luke!

Notice Luke in the background...

Lunch at Fritz's on Trevor's 10th birthday with my awesome nephews!

Trevor

I made my parents wear a hat, too!

Gavin

Brayden

Jen and I went with Trevor to Steamboat Arabia on his school field trip in May

Family outing to the Royal's Game

So glad I got to see you girls a few times!!

Memorial Day BBQ at the Freeman's & the day before Luke's birthday

It was a fun and beautiful Memorial Day!

So happy we got to see our friends and their sweet kiddoes!
Mia and Alli and Margaret with her back to us

Love my T Boz!

 Matt, Alli, Luke, and Justin

Christie, Jen, me, and Trudy

Luke's favorite new shirt (he had a full beard when I picked him up at the airport!)

Great day!

At one of Angie's showers I made her a special veil and she was such a good sport and wore it almost the whole night! :)

Fun Night!

Angie made us special koozies for our Vegas weekend for her bachelorette party

VEGAS BABY!

Willie made a special appearance at Angie's wedding

We were so happy to be part of Angie's wedding.  It was a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment