Visit to Sydney in August

Visit to Sydney in August
Luke and Lisa Down Under

Friday, April 15, 2011

Off to the Races!!

If your husband comes home one day and says to buy a new fancy hat and a dress, you take him up on it!  The Sydney Carnival Royal Randwick Races are on in Sydney for the next few weeks.  www.ajc.com.au/ A group of Luke’s coworkers decided to get tickets.  So on Saturday, we all dressed up in suits, dresses, and fancy hats and went on our way to the horse races. 
I had a lot of fun shopping for hats for Erin and me!  I went to one of the big department stores.  When I got there, I couldn't believe how many others were looking, too.  Everyone was sharing opinions and a couple of the girls filled me in on how the day would go and which hats would be best. 
It was a perfect Autumn day and so nice to be outside all day experiencing a new adventure.  Betting on horses is something I know nothing about so when I bet on a few of the races I chose the winners according to their names most of the time!  J  Hey, it worked a few times, too!  We had a full day of the races and then headed to The Oaks Hotel (a popular pub by our apartment) with our group to finish out the night.  It ended with a big dance party and lots of laughing! 
I can’t wait to wear my hat to the next event!  Maybe even the Kentucky Derby one day!?
Erin and me





Richard, Anthony, Jason, Erin, me, Luke

Luke and Jason found Budweiser at the bar to order!






Erin, Jason, and Luke


Richard, Anthony, and Luke



No comments:

Post a Comment